I have had ups and downs working in this hotel, but at least no days is different..this morning we had an Indian wedding, the lounge bar was full of girls dressed in bright pink having a hen do and we were setting the restaurant for another wedding..This is by far the friendliest work atmosphere I have ever worked in , everybody is just so approachable and helpful and has so many stories to share either about their success or most memorable guests. Front Office manager started as a casual associate in restaurant and so did the Maintenance manager..we have had naked guests opening doors for room service, housekeeping walking in on compromising situations and people leaving 50 tips...people have been working in this hotel for 5, 10, 15 and or Director of HR even 30 years (after you reach the 25 year milestone you can stay in any Marriott in the world for free).
There was too many goodbyes to be said..all of associates and supervisors in restaurant..lovely girls of reception, cheeky lads from leisure and maintenance, always helpful concierge guys,the girls from housekeeping..everybody was of course happy for me, but also sad to see me go. Admitting I was still a bit nervous about taking such a big step I received a lot of advice and motivation..'Don't worry, you'll do the same as in here,but just with more responsibility!'
(the Romanian chef got me hello kitty ear rings lol, thank you Alexandra)
(the Romanian chef got me hello kitty ear rings lol, thank you Alexandra)

No comments:
Post a Comment