What are single ladies doing on a sunny Saturday?..Having brunch with girlfriends, glass of bubbly perhaps, doing some shopping in Oxford street followed by a few cocktails, getting ready to go out, dressed up in pretty dresses, checking out the guys.
What am I doing on a Saturday? Working from 7-5pm to start with. Smiling when I don't feel like smiling, carrying heavy trays, pouring coffee to wake up strangers, stirring scrambled eggs to prevent them from drying up, delivering big bottles of icy water to guests with hangovers from last nights wedding...Running the breakfast plus covering a Duty Manager shift. 'Annie Annie, there are some flyers and stuff on the floor in men's toilet!' 'Excuse me miss, where is our black box for the presentation?' 'Must kast, mis must kast?' 'Selline suur ja rake ja kompaktne kõik ühes, arvuti, kõlarid etc.'How the hell am I suppose to know where the conference boys keep their equipment, why did they not set up the room properly the night before or why none of them is picking up their phones??
Any when something exciting happens (police is called for lady from 281 who escaped from mental hospital and made a huge scene last night at the bar, nobody calls me, although I am the manager on duty responsible for anything that is happening!)
Although the weather was lovely today I still decided to go to the gym. Sweating in the empty gym felt so good until a wedding party decided the best place to take photos is behind the gym's glass windows. Yes, all look at me, feel like am in the zoo! Three hours later, barely able to walk (from a legs training session few days ago) I decided it's the time to do my food shopping. Need to get the fridge ready for my mom's arrival don't I! I love shopping for food, sometimes even more than for clothes. Going to Zara or H&M I browse the colours and materials through quickly knowing exactly what I like..in a Tesco though the possibilities are endless and I enjoy the slow stroll between aisles, especially now when I'm so obsessed with gym, healthy eating and nutrition.Who knew checking calories could be so much fun! What wasn't fun however was dragging the heavy sports bag plus two more plastic bags home, up the hill. Common' I've already had a dumbbell session for my arms and biceps today!
Work. Gym. Food (and I didn't even cook anything extravaganza: pesto omelette with cottage cheese and vegetables, pitta bread with hummus). Random encounters with strangers, guessing my accent and sharing workout tips in the gym's changing rooms and discussing the contents of my shopping basket in Tesco with the overly friendly cashier. Yes that's my Saturday! In bed now with my laptop, sipping a cuba libre (one glass does not make you an alcoholic!) and doing all kinds of 'vital' research!
No comments:
Post a Comment